We are here to educate, encourage and empower you to adopt and maintain a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
Biometric health screenings, held each spring and fall, provide you with valuable health metrics at no additional cost to you once per year. These screening , including blood pressure, cholesterol levels and current weight.
Additional Wellness Services
Healthy Boiler Incentive
Be proactive about your health and get paid for it! You have the chance to earn funds by getting your annual exam and biometric completed each year.
- Access or create your Healthy Boiler account
- Print out Provider Form for your primary care provider to initial
- Read the 2020 Healthy Boiler Incentive Overview to learn requirements and pay dates for the incentive
- Follow along with the 2020 Healthy Boiler Incentive Directions to submit your information correctly
We want to help you avoid the misery and downtime of the flu. Shots are available each fall at no out-of-pocket cost to all PNW benefit-eligible employees, official retirees and spouses. Just pre-register and show up.
Taking care of yourself is important. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed or out of balance you have help. PNW’s Employee Assistance Program is here for you and your family to help navigate life’s ups and downs.
Quitting tobacco is one of the most important health choices you can make. If you are ready to quit, there are options to help you succeed.
Available seven days a week, the Indiana Tobacco Quitline is provided by the state Department of Health and is available to all Indiana residents. If you call from a number outside of Indiana, you will be connected to a Quitline for that location.
This program can only be completed once per year. If you have already completed this program, please select another option.
- Available to employees and spouses at all campuses.
- To receive credit for this approved tobacco cessation program you must:
- Register: Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669) to start the program. A Quitline intake specialist will get your demographic information and register you in the program. You will then be transferred to a quit coach for your initial coaching call or you will be scheduled for an outbound call from the quit coach at a later date.
- Calls: Quit coach calls include assessment of status, review of stage of readiness to change, action items appropriate to status, discussion of triggers and barriers, setting a quit date and information/resources. During a coaching call, the quit coach schedules the timeframe for your next call. Should you miss a scheduled call, you can call in yourself to reach a quit coach.
- Timing: You will receive four calls with your quit coach. Generally, most people complete their four calls between six and 12 weeks. You may take longer than 12 weeks if needed, but you must not complete the four quit coach calls in shorter than six weeks.
Submit Your Letter of Completion
During your fourth call with your quit coach, you must request a “Letter of Completion.” Once you receive that in the mail, you will submit this letter to Human Resources as evidence of completion:
ATTN: Tobacco Cessation
HR – Benefits
West Lafayette Campus
Purdue HR Benefits
1281 Win Hentschel Blvd Suite 1100
West Lafayette, IN 47906
One-to-one counseling for tobacco cessation helps by providing support both before and after you quit. Through a series of up to four sessions, telephonic and/or in person, you can receive (a) guidance to help you handle challenges while quitting and (b) recommendations for selection and proper use of medications to help make you more comfortable while you are quitting.
Please contact the Center for Healthy Living at 765-494-0111 to schedule your first session with a nurse health coach or pharmacist at least one week before your planned quit date.
Tobacco-user Additional Premium
If you certified you are a tobacco user when you enrolled in your benefits, you will have an additional annual medical premium of $1,000 you have the option of completing an approved tobacco cessation program to reduce your premium. Complete an approved program in 2020 and your premium can be lowered for part or all of the plan year.