- This event has passed.
Healthy Boiler Biometric Lab Screening – Westville Campus
April 25 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
One event on April 26, 2023 at 8:00 am
In partnership with the Center for Healthy Living (CHL), PNW’s Biometric Lab Screening event will be held on the Westville Campus. This event will replace previously offered annual wellness screenings.
Screenings will be available on April 25 and 26 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Schwarz Hall, Room 25.
Screening Event Information
Who can participate?
- Benefit Eligible Employees
- Spouses of Benefit Eligible Employees
- Official Retirees
- Spouses of Official Retirees
How do I schedule an appointment?
You can reserve your appointment time by calling 765-494-0111 and telling them you wish to reserve a time for your biometric screening on the Westville campus. An order is required.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Secure an order from your primary care provider for the lab work you wish to have done (order should indicate whether fasting is required or not)
- Bring a hard copy of the order with you to your appointment OR you can submit the order ahead of time to the CHL by emailing CHL@121.health. Please note: if you do not have an order, the blood test cannot be performed
- Bring your ID and your medical insurance card
How much will the biometrics lab screening cost?
Lab orders will be processed through your health insurance plan. Rates are dependent on the type of screenings ordered and your health insurance plan.
Most preventive labs are covered at 100% at in-network providers on most insurance plans. PNW’s biometric screenings will be processed by LabCorp. LabCorp is a Tier 1, in-network provider on Purdue’s medical plans.
Payment will not be taken onsite. Individuals will receive an invoice from LabCorp through the mail and will be responsible for any charges after insurance.
How do I access lab results?
Lab results are provided to the ordering provider.
You can go online to labcorp.com and create an account, if you do not already have one. In your LabCorp account, you can view test results and pay your bills online.
How do I receive Healthy Boiler incentive funds for this screening?
- Ensure your lab order includes LDL Cholesterol Level and A1c. (These two measures are a portion of the six biometric measures required to earn funds. The other biometrics measures needed are: current body weight (lbs.), height (inches), Systolic Blood Pressure (top number), Diastolic Blood Pressure (bottom number).)
- Discuss your lab results with your primary care provider at your annual physical.
- Complete the 2023 Healthy Boiler Physical Form and secure your primary care provider’s signature.
- Submit the 2023 Healthy Boiler Physical Form via the Healthy Boiler Portal. (Remember, you must complete a physical before receiving incentive dollars for this lab test or any other screening or exam.)
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at email@example.com or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.