Human Resources COVID-19 Guide
The health and safety of PNW’s employees is a top priority as we respond COVID-19. See how we can all keep our community safe as well as important employment information.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
FFCRA provides employees who are covered under Title I of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), with expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
Faculty, staff and students are required to complete a short learning module in Success Factors (see instructions below). This guide reminds all of us of our collective responsibilities to keep ourselves and our community safe.
Employee participation in the COVID-19 On-site Employee Safety training must be taken through SuccessFactors.
To complete required training, faculty and staff follow the below steps:
- Visit Success Factors and login with Career Account and BoilerKey.
- Select the Purdue Northwest COVID-19 training module in your “Take Courses” tile at the top of your landing page. (If you do not see this course, click on your “Learning” tile and search for Purdue Northwest COVID-19 Safety Training.)
- View the video and complete the quiz on last slide to process training completion.
PNW COVID-19 Resources
News and Announcements
As PNW marks one month since fall semester started, the Safe Return to Campus Task Force shares faculty/staff updates about COVID-19 protocols on campus.
As PNW prepares for a Safe Return to Campus in Fall 2020, see the steps faculty and staff can take for a smooth, safe start with our return to campus checklist.
The Safe Return to Campus Task Force has been working diligently these past few months and has assessed all aspects of the pandemic’s impact to the higher education environment, and provided recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team guided by best practices and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Frequently Asked Questions
Campus is open, although departments may be operating remotely or with reduced hours to promote social distancing. If you’re coming for official university business, we recommend contacting the relevant department to learn more about their operating procedures.
Until further guidance is received, a face covering should be used as described below. An account has been established for the purchase of COVID19 personal-protection equipment. Please contact your department business manager for details.
PNW Face Covering Protocol for All On-Site Campus Members
- When you are in a building, hallway, classroom, laboratory, washroom, common area, you must wear a face covering.
- If you are faculty or staff member, and in your own office, you do not have to wear a face covering. When you leave your office and are in the hallway, your face covering must be on. When you are visiting another Purdue Northwest office, you must wear a face covering.
- If you are outdoors, you do not have to wear a face covering, but social distancing still applies.
- If you are at an outdoor event, with multiple participants, you must wear your face covering.
Health and COVID-19
PNW is following guidelines from the Indiana State Department of Health as to when a student, faculty or staff member can return to school after developing symptoms, receiving test results or coming into close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19.