Planning and saving for retirement is an important responsibility throughout your working years. Purdue offers a variety of retirement plans, depending upon the type of position you hold, to help you prepare for the financial aspects of retirement.
- Purdue University Retirement Plans
- Defined Contribution Plans – for exempt (paid monthly) faculty and staff
- Defined Contribution Plans – for non-exempt (paid biweekly) staff hired on or after September 9, 2013
- Defined Benefit Plan – for non-exempt (paid biweekly) staff hired on or before September 8, 2013
- Police Officers and Firefighters
Voluntary Savings Plans:
- Updating Retirement Plan Beneficiary Information
- PERF website
- TIAA/CREF website
- Social Security Administration
- Application for Waiver of Three-Year Waiting Period 403(b) Defined Contribution Base Retirement Plan Form for eligible administrative/professional and visiting faculty in the 403(b) Defined Contribution (Base) plan’s three-year waiting period who meet certain criteria.
- Snapshot of Purdue retirement plans
- Interactive Retirement Guide to walk through employment actions (transfers, rehires, etc.) and how they affect retirement
- Early Retirement Alternatives Policy