Increase in Malware on Macs
February 19, 2020
- Mac threats have increased by more than 400%. When calculated in threats per device, Macs still outpace Windows devices by ~2:1.
Tips to Stay Safe
- Install anti-virus/anti-malware software from a trusted vendor.
- Keep your devices up to date. Hackers will try to take advantage of flaws in outdated software/hardware.
- Be careful if you find a USB lying around. Someone may deliberately leave the USB for you to plug in and infect your device.
- Hover over links to review where it’s taking you.
- Scan attachments using your antivirus/anti-malware.
Learn more about protecting yourself from malware by reading our security tip pages.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Information Security Services will provide more information on various cyber security topics.
Report an incident at: firstname.lastname@example.org