Banner Administrative Pages Access Request Procedure
This procedure pertains to any users requesting access to one of the following administrative computing systems:
- Banner Administrative Pages (Admin Pages)
This procedure will apply to the following types of requests:
- New Hires requiring first-time access
- Requests for additional access for existing accounts
- Departmental transfers (automatic review and reauthorization of access is required for all departmental transfers)
Steps required to obtain access are listed below. Please note these steps are required as part of our audit compliance standards. Any requests not following this format will be returned.
- Prior to requesting access ALL users must complete the following certifications:
- FERPA – annually
- GLBA – annually
- Protecting SSNs – annually
- Data Handling – annually
To complete these certifications please go to www.purdue.edu/webcert. You will need your career account username and password to login.
- All requests for PNW Banner Admin Pages access must be sent by the requestor’s department head to Banner Security (firstname.lastname@example.org). Security request should include:
- The type of access needed (i.e. Banner Admin Pages) and the
- Reason for this access; job function (i.e. advisor)
- Specific needs such as name of Banner page(s) or name of another individual within the department whose access to mirror
- Career Account
- Once Banner Security receives this email, we will then send this request on to the data owners for approval. Each area has a designated custodian responsible for reviewing and approving access. If the approving custodian has any questions or concerns they will contact the requesting department head.
- Once Banner Security receives approval back from all needed data owners, the request will be processed and an email will be sent to the individual and their department head notifying them of their access.