If you are a new student to Purdue Northwest you will need to activate your account.
- You will need to go to https://password.pnw.edu.
- You will then click on “Activate Account (New Students Only)”
- You will put in your:
- Career Account
- Last Name
- PUID# (Purdue ID Number)
Your Career account and PUID will be on your admission letter.
If you get an error that your account is not eligible for activation you will need to contact the Customer Service Center at 219-989-2888.
- All PNW passwords:
- Must be between 8 and 16 characters long.
- Must contain more than 4 unique characters.
- May not contain easily guessed words, e.g. purdue, itap, boiler.
- May not contain your name or parts of your name.
- Must be a different password than the previous password.
- Passwords may not be re-used for 1 year.
- Must NOT contain spaces.
- Must contain at least 1 letter.Must contain at least 1 number or punctuation mark.
- If your password is above 16 characters, you may not be able to get certain systems with your full password.
- You may only have to put in the first 16 characters of the password.
- Students and the majority of faculty and staff passwords expire every 180 days.
- Faculty and staff that have special privileges, passwords expire every 30 to 90 days.
If you forgot your password, and you did set up your Security Questions, please go to pnw.edu/forgot. This page will allow you to put in your PUID , Date of Birth and you will need to answer 3 of your security questions.If you did not set up your Security Question, you will either need to come to the CSC in either Powers 216 or Tech 265 with a photo ID. Or you will need to call the CSC at 219-989-2888. The CSC will not give password through email.
If you call the Customer Service Center we will need the following information to reset your password.
- Name as it appears on File
- Address on File
- All Purdue affiliates need to have a password and Boilerkey.
- Password is used for:
- Campus Computers
- Faculty/Staff Email (Outlook and OWA.PNW.EDU)
- Office 365
- Boilerkey is used for:
- Student Email (Gmail)
- Password is used for:
Your PNW password expires every 180 days or sooner, depending on what your account access privileges. When you change your password, please remember to change it on all of the devices that your account is attached to or your account may lock.
You will need to change your password for:
- Mobile email accounts
- Any third party email application
You will also need to restart your machine for your password to update. Also if you have multiple computers on campus, you will have to make sure that your machine are not logged into your account when you change your password.
Connecting to the Network
Eudroam is the Wi-Fi used across both Purdue Northwest campuses. When you are connecting to eduroam, you will need to enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and your password. If you have entered that information and it does not work, please try entering your email@example.com and your password.If neither of those options work, you may have to set up eduroam manually.These Knowledge base articles will be able to help you.
If you are living in the dorm on the Hammond campus and would like to hook up your device to be able to access the Internet, you will need to contact the Customer Service Center with the following information.
- Your Name
- Your Username
- What type of device you are going to connect (PS4, Xbox, etc.)
- The MAC address for your device
- What building you are in
- What room you are in
- Is this a wire or wireless connection
You can send this information to the CSC by phone (219) 989-2888 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office 365 is available for download for Purdue students, faculty and staff on their personal machines. Click here for instructions on how to activate your Office account. Please note that when you leave the university, you will lose access to Microsoft office.
WebEx is a video conferencing system that is offered to all Purdue faculty and staff. Click here for information about how to create a WebEx meeting.