The Purdue BoilerKey is a convenient means of significantly improving the security of protected computer systems. The BoilerKey is an implementation of two-factor authentication, a system that requires two forms of verification of identity before a person can access protected computer resources. In addition, codes that are consistently changing and may be used one time only, provide additional layers of security that are capable of resisting many types of malicious attempts to gain access.
At PNW, these two forms of verification are something you know (career account and PIN) and something you have (a BoilerKey token or an application on your mobile phone). These two items are used in place of your password alone to gain access to computer applications and systems.
The BoilerKey comes in two forms, one of which is a small electronic device (known as a hard token) that displays a series of six digits when activated and the other is an application for your smartphone (known as a soft token) that displays the six digit code.
To Request Access
Individual BoilerKey User
Important BoilerKey Links
- Getting Started – How to set up your key to begin using it the first time.
- BoilerKey Self Serve – The place to go to request a BoilerKey, manage your BoilerKey authentication services, or resynchronize your BoilerKey.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Answers to all the questions you have about the BoilerKey
Boilerkey Mandatory starting October 30:
Boilerkey will be mandatory for all students, faculty, and staff to access MyPNW and Blackboard. Information Services will provide Boilerkey training for all students, faculty, and staff in preparation for the upcoming change.
The training sessions are scheduled for 30 minutes, but they are come and go as you please.
Hammond Gyte 134:
- October 3, 2018 10:30am – 11am
- October 10, 2018 10:30am – 11am
- October 17, 2018 10:30am – 11am
- October 24, 2018 10:30am – 11am
Westville LSF 241:
- October 4, 2018 10am – 10:30am
- October 11, 2018 10am – 10:30am
- October 18, 2018 10am – 10:30am
- October 25, 2018 10am – 10:30am
Contact CSC for any questions you may have.