Kaltura for Faculty: Classroom Recording
Learn how to use Kaltura to record your classroom lectures.
Kaltura Classroom Capture enables you to create high quality recordings in lecture capture equipped classrooms. With Kaltura Classroom Capture you can view your schedule and create an automated recording experience. Kaltura’s robust platform allows you to set where the content will be shared to, whether in Blackboard or Mediaspace.
The Office of Instructional Technology can schedule recordings for you. First, make sure your class is being held in a room that is capable of recording lectures with Kaltura.
- Contact OIT to Schedule a Recording (email)
- Getting Started with Lecture Capture (Web)
- Get Started with Kaltura Lecture Capture (Video)
Kaltura MediaSpace is a video portal that houses all of the videos recorded through either Kaltura Classroom or Kaltura Personal capture. You can choose whether to make your recordings public, private or unlisted.
- Visit the Purdue Mediaspace website
- Click on the Guest icon in the upper right corner
- Sign in with your career account username and Boilerkey password.
- Kaltura Mediaspace Overview (Video)
- What’s the Difference Between a Chanel and a Gallery (Video)
- How to Upload a Video to Kaltura (PDF)
- Uploading a Camtasia Video to Kaltura Mediaspace (Video)
- Mediaspace FAQ (website)
- Mediaspace User Guide (PDF)
- Kaltura Mechanical Captioning (Video)
- Kaltura In Video Quizzing (Video)
- Captioning with Kaltura in the Video Express Room (PDF)
- Edit Videos in Kaltura Mediaspace (Video)
- How to Chop and Splice Videos in Mediaspace (Video)
Publishing and Collaborating