Kaltura for Faculty: Personal Recordings
Learn how to use Kaltura to prepare personal teaching videos.
Supported on both Windows and Mac, Kaltura Personal Capture (also called Kaltura Desktop Recorder) has a simple user interface, requiring only one click to record.
You can record two camera inputs at once, two screens or a camera and a screen. Kaltura Personal Capture automatically uploads new videos into the Kaltura Mediaspace video portal or Kaltura Integrations with Learning and Content Management Systems.
- Kaltura Personal Capture Settings (Web Guide)
- Personal Capture Recording Options (Web Guide)
- Recording Options (Video)
- Recording PowerPoint Slides (Web Guide)
Completing and Uploading
Kaltura MediaSpace is a video portal that houses all of the videos recorded through either Kaltura Classroom or Kaltura Personal capture. You can choose whether to make your recordings public, private or unlisted.
- Visit the Purdue Mediaspace website
- Click on the Guest icon in the upper right corner
- Sign in with your career account username and Boilerkey password.
- Kaltura Mediaspace Overview (Video)
- What’s the Difference Between a Chanel and a Gallery (Video)
- How to Upload a Video to Kaltura (PDF)
- Uploading a Camtasia Video to Kaltura Mediaspace (Video)
- Mediaspace FAQ (website)
- Mediaspace User Guide (PDF)
- Kaltura Mechanical Captioning (Video)
- Kaltura In Video Quizzing (Video)
- Captioning with Kaltura in the Video Express Room (PDF)
- Edit Videos in Kaltura Mediaspace (Video)
- How to Chop and Splice Videos in Mediaspace (Video)
Publishing and Collaborating