Faculty and Staff Recording Tools
Kaltura Classroom Capture
OIT can also schedule automatic Kaltura Classroom Recordings for you if you are in a Zoom/Kaltura equipped room. Follow the steps below.
- Confirm classroom supports automatic recording (list linked)
- Fill out survey request for scheduling recordings (linked)
- Look for OIT email confirmation when request is processed.
How to use Kaltura Classroom Capture
Kaltura Personal Capture
Supported on both Windows and Mac (not Chromebooks), Kaltura Personal Capture (also called Kaltura Desktop Recorder) has a simple user interface, requiring only one click to record.
You can also record two camera inputs at once, two screens or a camera and a screen. Kaltura Personal Capture automatically uploads new videos into Brightspace for sharing with your class. Refer to these resources to get started.
Once your Video is Recorded–Resources
- Upload/Add Recordings to Brightspace (from scheduled records or other)
- Create Chapters for Video Using Kaltura (Guide)
- Request Mechanical Captions
- Add Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, Co-Viewer, or Change Media Owner
- View Video Analytics (Guide)
- Add video Quiz
Camtasia can record your presentation and offers robust editing capabilities.
Saving and Uploading
The Video Express room is a professional recording studio located in LSF 253 that allows faculty and staff to record high-quality videos with captions with 100% accuracy.
Get all your questions answered about this room by viewing the following resources:
Email CSC@pnw.edu to schedule an appointment.