Faculty Respondus Resources
The Respondus 4.0 tool is an exam-creation and testing tool that can be used to import/export assessments to and from Brightspace.
Respondus 4.0 Features
- Work ‘offline’ while editing and organizing your test or upload it immediately
- Convert a pre-made assessment from Microsoft Word or construct a new test in Respondus to upload seamlessly to Brightspace.
- Grab and export Brightspace quizzes to easily transfer to paper assessments.
- NOTE: Respondus does not work on Macs.
Using LockDown Browser/Monitor for a Brightspace Quiz?
Enable LockDown Browser/Monitor tool to prevent students navigating outside of the Brightspace assessment during testing time.
- Set up Respondus LockDown Browser /Monitor
- Share this Using Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor (Student guide)
- Set up for iPad in Brightspace (Web)
- Troubleshoot in Brightspace
- Download the Respondus tool
- Access the Respondus tool from your computer
- Ensure your Word document is Formatted correctly for various Question Types on Respondus (PDF)
- Refer to this Troubleshooting Quiz Formats resource if you encounter problems at this step.
- Import the Word document to Respondus
- Adding Imported Word Document from Respondus to Brightspace Course
- Use a Publisher’s Test Bank to Import into Respondus