Q: How do I access my printing account?
A: You can access your printing account by going to Papercut.
Q: What is the standard allotment for students?
A: The standard allotment for students is $1.75 per credit hour taken each semester.
Q: What are my printing choices?
A: Single-sided & duplex printing for black & white or color printing.
Q: How is the cost of a print job calculated?
A: Black and white printers = $0.04 per side
Black and white printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.06
Color printers = $0.10 per side
Color printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.20
Q: How much can I print at a time?
A: You can print your entire credit amount.
Q: Can I print from my own device?
A: Yes, you can print wirelessly from your device. Refer to the Wireless Printing Instructions.
Q: Where are the open access printers located?
- Technology Building, Room 265
- Technology Building, Room 053
- LSF Building Library
- Cyber Cafe in the LSF Building
- Gyte Basement
- Open labs with printers
Q: How will I be charged if I print black & white on a color printer?
A: Color printers charge for $0.10 per side, regardless of color or black & white for the print job.
Q: Where/how can I print larger documents?
A: Large documents can be printed at Printing Services & Duplicating Services at a cost.
Q: How many pages have I used this semester?
A: Go to Papercut and login to your printing account. The summary page will show basic information about your credit and usage.
Q: What happens when I exceed my allotted print credit?
A: If your print job is bigger than the amount of credit you have, your job will not print. If you need additional credits, you will have to purchase them.
Q: Will I be warned when I am about to run out of pages?
A: Yes, you will receive an e-mail when your credit is less than $1.00.
Q: How much are additional prints going to cost me?*
A: Funds can be added in increments of $2.00, $5.00 or $10.00.
Q: How do I purchase additional credit for printing? *
- Click on the Student Banner tab in the myPNW portal.
- Under Student Shortcuts, select Purchase Print credit.
- Choose “Add Print credit“.
- A message will display noting you had successfully added print credit. In addition, a confirmation email will also be sent.
- We will be offering immediate payment via the web for credit/debit card.
- Available immediately upon ordering.
Q: What happens if I drop a class?
- If a student drops a course within the first week of the semester, the print credit for that course will also be dropped.
- If a student drops a course the second week or later of the semester, the print credit for that course will not be dropped.
Q: How do I roll over my credit from each semester?
- Unused credit will automatically rollover from Fall to Spring and from Spring to Summer semesters.
- Prior to the Fall semester, all allotments will be reset.
- Purchased print credits will not be touch, and can be used no matter what semester they were purchased in.
Q: When are credits reset for the academic year?
A: Credit is reset at the beginning of the Fall semester each year.
Q: Can I adjust credits for bad prints? If so, how can I do that?
A: Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of IS staff. Refunds can be requested in Papercut. Login with your Purdue account, go to Recent Print Jobs page, and in the Status column, you will be able to select the link for requesting refunds for the specific print job. Please note that refund requests because of issues with the printed pages (poor quality, damage, etc) will need to be submitted to the Customer Service Center at the campus where you are located. Refund requests need to be submitted within 24 hours of experiencing a problem.