Below are guidelines and examples that Purdue University Northwest Student Tech Fee can be used for when making purchases.
Equipment that is needed in the classroom/labs for delivering instruction or for students to work.
Audio Visual equipment
- Instructor Station Computers
- Screens/LCD panels
- Control panels
- Document Camera
- Audio Amplifier
Laptop/Tablet and Carts
- Audio Visual Equipment (see list above)
- Discipline Specific Technology used primarily for instructional delivery
Network Infrastructure used for instructional purposes, included wired and wireless networks and internet connectivity.
Software that needed to be used in the classroom/lab to for delivering instruction or for students to be able to work.
- Smartboard Software
Software for students to use in labs (and possible remotely if available)
- Adobe Products
- Deep Freeze
- Accessibility Software
- Adobe Products
Software that students use or that are used to create instructional content for learning environments.
- Learning Management Systems (Blackboard)
- Lecture Recording, including hardware (Echo 360, Camtasia, Video Express Room)
- Video Sharing (Kaltura)
- Exam Creation (Respondus)
- Exam Monitoring (Respondus LockDown Browser, Respondus Monitor)
- Virtual Classroom (WebEx)
- Portfolio System (SEELIO)
- Administrative software used for Student Success
The following items are explicitly excluded from acceptable use of Student Tech Fees
- Staff Computers and Software
- Computers and Software exclusively used for faculty research purposes
- Salary and Benefits
- Other Furniture (other than that explicitly allowed above)
- Building Renovations