Reopening an Internet Browser Tab
If you accidentally closed an internet browser tab you can easily reopen it.
On a PC
- the key combination you will need is CRTL+SHIFT+T
On a MAC
- the key combination you will need is Command+SHIFT+T
Avoiding Ransomware Attacks
To avoid becoming a victim of ransomware, you can follow these tips:
- Delete any suspicious e-mail. Messages from unverified sources or from known sources that offer deals that sound too good to be true are most likely malicious. If in doubt, contact the alleged source by phone.
- Avoid clicking on unverified e-mail links or attachments. Suspicious links might carry ransomware.
- Update all devices, software, and plug-ins on a regular basis. Check for operating system, software, and plug-in updates often — or, if possible, set up automatic updates.
Quick Response (QR) Codes
Integrate technology and engage students with this free and easy-to-use sharing tool.
A Quick Response Code, or QR Code is a barcode that contains a link to a website, video, image, or text document. They can be created by instructors or students as a way of distributing information, assignments, or projects. Simply create, scan, and use.
Stay tuned for the OIT Video Tip on Thursday to learn more about how to use QR codes with your students!
ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest)
ABI/INFORM Complete (ProQuest) database features thousands of full-text journals, dissertations, working papers, key business and economics periodicals such as the Economist, country-and industry-focused reports, and downloadable data. Its international coverage gives researchers a complete picture of companies and business trends around the world.