The Office of Global Engagement (OGE) is committed to further internationalizing Purdue University Northwest and supporting global awareness through the development of international partnerships and exchanges, education abroad opportunities, increased international student enrollment, and cross-cultural programming on and off campus.
In order to achieve its goals, IAO is comprised of five main units:
- International Students and Scholars (ISS) provides the appropriate support and advising on immigration matters for international students in order to help them succeed in their academic, social, and cultural pursuits;
- International Programs implements orientation programming and provides peer mentoring for international students, and offers a variety of cultural, educational, service and social programming on and off campus contributing to the globalization of Purdue Calumet and the surrounding community;
- English Language Program (ELP) provides students with essential language skills needed to succeed in their university studies, matches students with English speaking peer mentors for additional practice and interaction in and out of the classroom, and offers weekly cultural and educational excursions to local destinations;
- International Admissions reviews and processes international student applications, evaluates foreign credentials, and corresponds with prospective international students;
- Education Abroad advises students on education abroad opportunities; cultivates international partnerships for exchange programs; works with faculty to build cultural immersion and other international experiential learning programs; and collaborates with many offices on campus to develop and increase education
abroad options for students.