CPT is authorization to be employed in training off-campus “which is an integral part of an established curriculum and is directly related to the student’s major area of study.” This may be defined as: alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education or any other type of required internship or practicum. The employment must correspond to a specific course in the student’s academic plan of study.
CPT can be full time (more than 20 hours per week) or part time (20 hours or less per week). Students registered for part time CPT during a fall or spring semester must be full time students and be registered for a full course load of study. Students engaged in part time CPT during summer vacation do not need to be registered for a full time load of classes.
CPT applicants must have an F-1 visa and have completed at least one full academic year of study in the same program in the United States.
Applications for CPT can be found in CLO 176.
- International Student Guide
- Maintaining Legal Status
- Academic Honesty
- Student Request Form (Address, Major Changes)
- Driver’s License
- On-Campus Employment Information
- Getting a Social security Number
- CPT Overview and Application Procedures
- OPT Overview and Application Procedures
- Reduced Course Load Authorization
- Travel Endorsements
- Travel Instructions
- Travel Instructions to Canada or Mexico
- Change of Status
- Change of Educational Level
- Transfer Out
- Transfer In
- Departure Form
- Filing Taxes
- Insurance Requirements / Info
- Health Center / Maintaining healthy living
- Counseling Center
- Dean of Students / Student Advocate
- Fitness Center