The International Students and Scholars Office (ISS) is committed to the internationalization of Purdue University by providing appropriate services and support to international clientele and various University departments and offices. ISS seeks to enhance the academic, cultural, and social pursuits of students and scholars from abroad through knowledge and expertise in immigration, advising, and cross-cultural programming.
Immigration information is the most important service that ISS offers to both the non-immigrant population and to the Purdue community at large. ISS is the expert resource for the University in the areas of F-1, J-1, H-1B, TN, O and PR rules and regulations. ISS is the University liaison with the United States U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of State (DOS), the Department of Labor (DOL), and the Indianapolis Workforce Development Alien Certification Unit.
In an effort to better serve our students and scholars, we have set up new walk-in advising and appointment hours:
Walk-In Advising Hours
Monday-Friday: 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM
Appointment Advising Hours
Monday-Friday: 2:00 to 4:30 PM
These include, but are not limited to:
- Extension of stay applications; transfer to or from other U.S. institution
- Employment applications, both on- and off- campus options
- Reinstatement applications; travel endorsements
- Applications to change non-immigrant status
- Production of immigration documents for prospective undergraduate, graduate, and professional students
- Applications to obtain and/or to extend H-1B, TN, faculty/staff status
- Employment-based Permanent Residence applications.
- Exchange Visitor Program (J-1 student and scholar visa)