You are currently in the US attending another school but have decided to come to PNW. We are happy to have you here and are sure you will enjoy the experience. In order to attend our campus, you will to have an I-20 issued by PNW. To issue this, you must request that your current school transfer your record to our school. Your school will require at least the following items to transfer your record out:
- Your PNW acceptance letter
- PNW SEVIS code. The code for the Hammond campus is CHI214F10460002. The code for the Westville campus is CHI214F10460003.
Your current school may have other requirements in addition to these. Please contact the International office at your current school to make sure you have met all the requirements to transfer your I-20.
Once your I-20 record is released, we will need the following documents in order to transfer in your record to PNW and issue you a transfer I-20:
A bank statement or other financial statement, less than 6 months old showing the amount needed for your program. Financial guarantees/scholarship letters must be addressed to PURDUE UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport
- A copy of your F-1 visa
- A copy of previously issued I-20s.
- A copy of your I-94 record of entry into the US.
- Our transfer form
Generally, your I-20 record will not be transferred until you complete the current term. Work with both schools to ensure that your I-20 is transferred in a timely manner.
- International Student Guide
- Maintaining Legal Status
- Academic Honesty
- Student Request Form (Address, Major Changes)
- Driver’s License
- On-Campus Employment Information
- Getting a Social security Number
- CPT Overview and Application Procedures
- OPT Overview and Application Procedures
- Reduced Course Load Authorization
- Travel Endorsements
- Travel Instructions
- Travel Instructions to Canada or Mexico
- Change of Status
- Change of Educational Level
- Transfer Out
- Transfer In
- Departure Form
- Filing Taxes
- Insurance Requirements / Info
- Health Center / Maintaining healthy living
- Counseling Center
- Dean of Students / Student Advocate
- Fitness Center