Purdue University Northwest, together with more than fifty other U.S. college and university partners, is participating in a national scholarship program for first-year incoming international students (who have never attended any college) for fall 2020 to encourage international students to study in the United States. The award will cover 50% of tuition to the selected international undergraduate dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message. Applicants will answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for applying their leadership skills on their future campuses.
PNW is home to more than 600 international students from 46 countries. Employers understand that students enhance their knowledge, skills, and confidence through experiences abroad. The Office of Global Engagement is committed to internationalizing Purdue Northwest and supporting global awareness through the development of international partnerships and exchanges, education abroad opportunities, increased international student enrollment, and cross-cultural programming on and off campus.
You must also apply for international undergraduate admission in order for your application for this scholarship to be considered by the review committee.
Why should you apply for this opportunity?
- It is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study.
- It will distinguish you as an international student who has a vision for enhancing intercultural
- You will receive an annual, renewable scholarship to cover 50% of your Purdue University Northwest tuition.
- One student will be chosen.
What are the eligibility criteria? (Standard for all participating institutions)
- Be a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international
applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and
What is the application process? (PNW-specific)
- Submit all required documents to apply for Purdue University Northwest admission by
Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
- Submit the following to OGE@pnw.edu by Wednesday, April 15, 2020:.
- #YouAreWelcomeHere application AND
- 500-1000 word essay or
- 2-5 minute video
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by accepting admission by Monday, June 1, 2020.