Camtasia is a computer screen recording and video editing software used to
- Narrate and record PowerPoint slides, Web pages, or software demonstrations
- Enhance your recordings with ready-to-use themes, animated backgrounds, graphics, callouts, and more
- Create captions for audio in your recordings
- Create in-video quizzes that integrate with Blackboard
- Request access on Windows or Mac university owned or home computers
- Once processed, you will be notified via email with download information
- Note: If requesting access on a University computer, you may need to contact your College’s technical assistant or contact Customer Service for installation.
Student/Grad Student/Limited Term Lecturer/Visiting Scholar: Not eligible, but may have their full time direct supervisor complete the Registration form for a University installation.
- Camtasia Handbook (PDF)
- Record a Screen (PDF)
- Save and Produce Recordings (PDF)
- Add and export Captions (PDF)
- Add Quiz or Survey and upload to Blackboard (PDF)
- Speech Recognition Set Up (PDF)
- Uploading to Blackboard through Kaltura (PDF)
- Complete Basics
- Record, Edit, and Share (Video)
- Transitions, Annotations, Behaviors (Video)
- Animations and Effects (Video)
- Editing Audio (Video)
- Produce and Share (Video)
Frequently Asked Questions
I cannot find my recording, where do I look?
- If you followed the prompts and did not change the location where the file was saved, then your files should be found under My Computer > My Documents
How do I know which file to upload into Kaltura on Blackboard?
- When uploading media into Blackboard through Kaltura, only the compatible MP4 file will show up.