Aside from essential campus services, the vast majority of university offices and facilities will be closed during the recess. Exceptions and variations are as follows:
- Student registration for the 2016 spring semester will continue online at the university web site: http://www.pnw.edu/.
- The Fitness Center will be open according to the following, abbreviated schedule: Saturday, Dec. 26 — 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; Sunday, Dec. 27 — 12 noon to 5 p.m.; Monday, Dec. 28 — 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Tuesday, Dec. 29 — 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Wednesday, Dec. 30 — 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 2 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; and Sunday, Jan. 3 – 12 noon to 5 p.m.. (PH: 219/989-2175.)
- To accommodate 2015 year-end gifts to the university, the Office of Institutional Advancement (Lawshe Hall, Room 322) will be open Wednesday, Dec. 30 – from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The office also will be accessible by phone throughout the recess (219/989-2323). To make an online gift, access the “Giving” button in the upper right hand corner of the Purdue Calumet web site: http://www.pnw.edu/giving/. To be considered a 2015 contribution, gifts must be made before 11 p.m. CST, Dec. 31.
- The front desk of each University Village student housing facility—Peregrine Hall and Griffin Hall—will be staffed 24/7 throughout the recess. (PH: 219/989-4150).
- The Purdue Calumet men’s basketball team is scheduled to host Marygrove College at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 30 in the Fitness & Recreation Center.
Purdue Calumet will reopen for regularly scheduled activities Monday, Jan. 4. Spring semester classes begin Monday, Jan. 11.