Welcome to PNW
- Morganne Wakefield, Communications & Creative Arts
- Candice Nicksic, Bursar Office
- Eric Bovard, Maintenance
- Kevin Cole, Intramurals
- Lee Rosenkranz, Building Services
- Kathleen Heiss, School of Education & Counseling
- Kathryn Cagney, School of Education & Counseling
- Adam Baez, School of Education & Counseling
- Erika McGinnis-Bradford, Educational Opportunities
- Robert Buitron, Communications & Creative Arts
- Heidi Brett-Baker, School of Education & Counseling
- Willie Donald, Building Services
- Kyle Rausch, Office of Global Engagement
- Susan Zajakowski, Disability Access
- Brittany Hudson, Office of the Dean of Students
- Brandon Swanson, Institutional Advancement
- Associate Professor of Computer Graphics Technology Magesh Chandramouli in the College of Technology was elected as the director of Programs for the Engineering Design Graphics Division (EDGD) of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE). ASEE is the premier national organization for engineering technology education and is committed to promoting quality education and creative endeavors in engineering technology. The EDGD promotes teaching, research, discussion, and coordinates activities that pertain to engineering graphics, design and education.
- Senior Graphic Designer Shelley Szymonik received a “Gold Winner” from the Collegiate Advertising Awards. The recognition was for this year’s undergraduate admissions viewbook produced in collaboration with Undergraduate Admissions and Marketing & Communications.
- Sheila Brillson Matias, executive director of the Leadership Institute at Purdue Northwest, was interviewed on the Lakeshore Public Radio program, “Regionally Speaking,” with Chris Nolte.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship Alexandra Moran in the College of Business recently published a book merging two of her passions, financial advising and horses. “Workhorse: The Horsemanship of Business,” explains how to use horses to teach authenticity and cooperation in the workforce.
- Associate Professor of History Kathleen Tobin was the featured speaker at Barker Mansion’s monthly lecture series on March 7 in Michigan City.
- Stephanie Blackstock, executive director of the Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest, was interviewed on the Lakeshore Public Radio program, “Regionally Speaking,” with Chris Nolte.
- Clinical Assistant Professor Tony Sindone of the College of Business is hosting the April 5 and 19 shows on Lakeshore PBS called “Money on Call.” The program airs Fridays in April at 7 p.m. and rebroadcasts Sundays at 9 a.m.
- Lori Feldman, Karen Bishop Morris, Ashley Gerodimos, Katie Stompor, and the entire Women’s History Month Committee for putting on a successful series of events culminating with “Breaking the Glass Ceiling” March 27 and 28. The March 27 event in Westville was recorded for broadcast on Lakeshore PBS in April.
- George Kacenga, executive director of Global Engagement, was invited to participate in the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Education Stakeholder Roundtable in Washington D.C.
- Katie Stompor, Office of Marketing & Communications, promoted to Director of Digital and Creative Media
- Amy Hemingway, Institutional Advancement, promoted to Development Operations Manager
Congratulations to the following faculty and staff who were awarded grants.
- Vijaya Devabhaktuni, Electrical & Computer Engineering, awarded a $91,849 grant from the National Science Foundation
- Roy Hamilton, Educational Opportunities Programs, awarded a grant from Legacy Foundation, Inc.
- Chenn Zhou, Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation, awarded a $45,000 grant from SSAB Americas Research and Development
- Chenn Zhou, Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation, awarded a $45,000 grant from U.S. Steel Corporation
- Chenn Zhou, Center for Innovation through Visualization and Simulation, awarded a $22,500 grant from Union Gas Limited