Students, faculty and staff are invited to ride the bus to and from the supermarket, other shopping areas, post office, bank, East Chicago South Shore train station and other popular, nearby destinations in Hammond, Highland, Munster and Schererville. Three set routes are offered:
- Monday through Thursday
- Saturdays and Holidays
For a free ride, simply catch the PNW Shuttle bus per the location(s) and time(s) on the day(s) you desire to the destinations listed on the Shuttle Schedule page.
- Transportation offered at no charge via a 20-passenger, wheelchair-accessible bus
- Travel along fixed routes (advance reservations no longer required or accepted)
- Three routes offered to accommodate various days, needs and preferences
The seven-passenger van, called the PNW shuttle, can be ridden with a Purdue Northwest ID card, at no charge. You can ride six days a week, to various fixed routes in the area. Three schedules are offered Monday through Saturday, mornings, afternoons and evenings. Depending on the day you choose, the stops may include:
- Walmart in Hammond
- AMC Showplace Theatres in Schererville
- Meijer and Target stores in Highland
- Van Til’s supermarket in Hammond
- South Shore commuter train station in East Chicago
For more information, you may contact the Information Center at (219) 989-2400 or the Transportation division at (219) 989-8119.