Lee Artz, Ph.D.
Professor, Media Studies
Director, Center for Global Studies
Lee Artz is a professor of media studies and the director of the Center for Global Studies at Purdue University Northwest.
- Political economy of media production
- Analysis of media news and entertainment content
- Relation between public interest and media industry
- Investigation of media framing of international events
- Media contribution to mass consent for social order
I am a former steelworker and machinist. My union contract funded my Masters in Communication. I use experiences from H.S. and AAU Basketball Coaching (in Chicago and Michigan) to organize my classes.
- Pink Tide: Media Access and Political Power in Latin America Global Entertainment
- Media: A Critical Introduction Article.
- The Political Economy of Attention: Global News Agencies and the Destruction of Democracy.
- Media and Popular Culture (including Disney, superheroes, telenovelas, etc.)
- Global Entertainment
- Global Media Communication and Democracy
- NCAA Faculty Athletic Representative
- PNW Director, Graduate Studies, Department of Communication
- Faculty Advisor, Lamba Pi Eta
- Communication Honor Society Faculty Advisor
- Students for Justice in Palestine
- Faculty Advisor, Union for Democratic Communication