Chairperson: Gillian Leonard
- The chairperson(s) is selected by the taskgroup membership for a one-year, renewable term.
- Meetings will be held at the direction of the chairperson(s).
Implement and maintain a metadata software that facilitates an enterprise source of data definitions, metadata, lineage, and workflow as well as support search capabilities and allow for collaboration. Enable standard processes that establish a clear path from question to answer.
- With the ongoing need to use data for decision-making, data is an institutional asset. Successful data governance requires the participation and collaboration of functional experts and stakeholders who will inform and guide the processes.
- This taskgroup may include members that are not on the Data Governance Council.
- Members unable to be at a scheduled meeting are encouraged to send an informed substitute.
- This taskgroup will have a chair, who will provide status updates at each DGC meeting.
- The leader of this taskgroup will be the point of contact but will collaborate with as many resources at their disposal for input into decision-making processes.
Responsibility of the Data Cookbook Taskgroup:
- Implement the Data Cookbook software to leverage the functionality that support PNW Data Governance efforts. This will include:
- enabling the creation of an authoritative set of data definitions to establish common language and meaning among information consumers;
- creating formal and centralized documentation that reflect alignment between business processes, technical requirements and reporting for the purpose of common, consistent and reliable information usage; and
- adhering to the established Data Cookbook standards.
Outcomes and Deliverable
- A comprehensive data dictionary of defined, aligned and refined business terminology.
- This include a functional (English) definition for casual consumer and technical definition(s) for report authors and programmers.
- Searchable report specifications allowing users to see if existing report will meet their needs
- It will include business purpose, data items, definitions, caveats, report location and author/responsible office.
- Standards are established for documenting definitions and report specification.
- A report library and integrated content from external entities that are sources of definition (IPEDS, Common Data Set, National Student Clearinghouse, accrediting bodies, etc.).
- Links into reporting tools including Cognos and Tableau.
- Workflow to allow implementation of a RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, and Informed) model of responsibility.
- Collaboration Tab allow users of various roles (requester, report author, editor, data steward, queue manager, data consumer) to communicate and share relevant information and address tasks related to various aspect of data governance.
- A process for ongoing maintenance of the data dictionary, documentation of business process changes and upkeep of the report library.
- Cheryl Arroyo
- Michael Biel
- Michelle Clauss
- Justin Dwyer
- Peggy Greer
- Katie Gutierrez
- Gillian Leonard, Chair
- Anka Matijevich
- Kevin Popa
- Pam Riesmeyer
- Karen Stachyra
- Terry Stinnett
- Greg Wireman