Chairpersons: Kevin Popa and Karen Stachyra
- The chairperson(s) is selected by the taskgroup membership for a one-year, renewable term.
- Meetings will be held at the direction of the chairperson(s).
Convey Purdue University Northwest’s data standards and its employees’ responsibilities regarding those standards. These guidelines are established to standardize data entered or loaded into enterprise systems, which is essential to maintaining data integrity.
- With the ongoing need to use data for decision-making, data is an institutional asset. Successful data governance requires the participation and collaboration of functional experts and stakeholders who will inform and guide the processes.
- This taskgroup may include members that are not on the Data Governance Council.
- Members unable to be at a scheduled meeting are encouraged to send an informed substitute.
- This taskgroup will have a chair, who will provide status updates at each DGC meeting.
- The leader of this taskgroup will be the point of contact but will collaborate with as many resources at their disposal for input into decision-making processes.
Responsibility of the Data Entry Standards Taskgroup:
- Accurate data is crucial to Purdue University Northwest. Data entry standards must be followed very closely by all who enter information into the enterprise systems to ensure data integrity.
- The members of the taskgroup are responsible for developing the data standards, maintaining the data entry standards manual, and to facilitate university training on data entry.
- The committee must approve any changes recommended for the data standards in use and communicate these changes to all stakeholders.
- The most current version of the manual will be made accessible to all employees that enter or report on data in enterprise systems.
Outcomes and Deliverable
- Create and compile user-friendly data entry instructions into a data entry standards manual for shared and individual data domain.
- Provide data entry standard training for staff who enter and maintain data in data systems through individual record entry, mass data entry and load processes.
- Establish data entry goals for data shared across domains as well as for each data steward area.
- Establish early error detection practices to enhance data accuracy including checklists, error check reports, audits for load processes, procedures for finding sources of data inaccuracies and sharing of best practices.
- Institute a process for periodic review and update of the data entry standards.
- Cheryl Arroyo
- Michael Biel
- Armando D’Onorio
- Peggy Greer
- Kevin Popa, Co-chair
- Jeff Schieb
- Karen Stachyra, Co-chair
- Kathy Williams