On April 6, at about 3 p.m. an unknown suspect entered an office in the Lawshe building, and stole a wallet from a purse. Credit cards from the wallet were used at two businesses in Lake County. Don’t leave personal possessions unattended, even for brief periods.
If you are in an office:
- Keep your purse, wallet, keys, or other valuable items with you at all times, or locked in a drawer, file cabinet, or closet.
- Check the identity of any strangers who are in your office – ask who they’re visiting, and whether you can help them find that person. This has been proven over and over as an effective crime deterrent.
- Don’t work late alone. Let someone know where you are and how long you intend to stay. Create a buddy system for walking to parking lots, or ask PNW Campus Police to escort you. We are always available to assist you.
- Never open the door to a stranger after hours.
- Don’t assume that someone else reported a door, a window, or a lock that’s broken or not working properly.
Report these problems immediately. If you see something, say something.