Step by Step Instructions:
Please note there are new instructions for Spring 2019 Course Registration!
The recommended browsers for web registration are Chrome, Firefox or Safari. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Step 1: Login to the myPNW Portal
Click on the myPNW link at the top of any PNW webpage to login to the Portal. Login using your username and password.
- Type in Username: (Career Account)
- Type in Password: (alphahumeric)
Step 2: Register for the Classes You Need
The classes will depend on your Plan of Study.
- Select the Registration tab.
- Click on Register for Classes. (Formerly – Add/Drop Classes)
- Select the appropriate term (semester) that you wish to register for. (If Study Path is displayed, choose None and click Continue.)
- If you are registering during your Registration time, you can begin to add classes.
- A registration screen with three panels will display. The top panel will allow you to search for classes or enter CRNs (Course Registration Numbers). The bottom left panel is a weekly schedule view and the lower right is a course summary area. The two bottom panels will populate as you add classes.
- Use the navigation buttons in the middle of the screen to adjust the size of all three panels.
- In the Find Classes section, look up classes if you don’t know the CRN’s. Then click Add when you find the sections you want.
- You can filter your search by campus, subject codes and numbers. Use Advanced Search to see more filters like course days and times.
- If you already have the CRN’s, click on the Enter CRNs tab. After entering all the numbers, click Add to Summary.
- Courses will show up in gray in the Schedule and Summary areas as “Pending”. NOTE: “Pending” does not hold your seat in a class.
- Click on Submit to complete the course registration process. When you click Submit, courses will change from Pending to Registered.
- If there are time conflicts or prerequisite issues, you will not be registered in those courses and an error message will display. In the case of time conflicts, select other sections. For other errors such as prerequisites or class restrictions, contact your academic advisor.
Step 3: Review Your Completed Class Schedule
After you have registered for your classes,
- If you would like to print your schedule while in the Register for Classes area, click on Schedule and Options tab and select the print icon.
- You can also select View Your Schedule or View Your Concise Schedule in the Registration Shortcuts box on the Registration tab to access your schedule.
Any questions or issues about course selection and planning, contact your advisor!