Spring 2018 Final Grades are due Wednesday, May 9, by noon.
Faculty have the option of submitting final semester grades in either myPNW or Blackboard. The list of acceptable grades can be found in the Academic Catalog under the Academic Regulations section. If a student requires a grade of Incomplete, please follow the instructions for issuing an “I” grade.
If a faculty member fails to submit final grades by the deadline, the Office of the Registrar assigns an “NS” (Not Submitted) grade to each student. It will be the responsibility of the faculty member to submit a Form 350 (Academic Record Change) co-signed by the Department Head for each student who received an “NS” in order to assign a permanent grade. Please be aware that students will be instructed to contact the faculty member if an “NS” grade is posted. Contact the Office of the Registrar if you require a Form 350.
Instructions for submitting final grades through Blackboard
If you would like to use Blackboard, please follow the instructions for submitting final grades on the Learning Technologies web page. Call the Office of Instructional Technology at (219) 989-2873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance submitting grades via Blackboard.
Please note: When assigning “F” grades, also include a last date of attendance. This information is needed by the Office of Financial Aid.
Instructions for submitting final grades through myPNW
- Go to Purdue Northwest homepage.
- Click on the myPNW portal link at the top of the screen.
- Type in your username (Career Account) and password (alphanumeric) and click “Login”. Your career account and password are the same combination you enter when using computers on campus. If you do not know this combination, please call Tech Support at (219) 989-2888, option #2.
- Once you are logged into myPNW, click on the Faculty/Advisor tab.
- In the Banner Links box, select the Banner SSB link.
- Click on the Faculty tab.
- Select Final Grades from the list of links.
- Select the term from the drop down list and press submit.
- Select a course to grade from the drop down list and press submit.
- You can now begin entering grades. Select each student’s grade from the drop down list.
- NOTE: When entering grades, scroll on the drop-down arrow to make the appropriate grade choice. Every student must receive a grade. Do not enter any form of a “W” grade. This may cause financial aid ineligibility for the student in a future semester. When assigning “F” grades, please also include a last date of attendance. This information is needed by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Once you are done, press submit at the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to hit the SUBMIT button when your grades have been entered in order to save them. If a grade has been entered incorrectly, your submission will not be successful. You must enter the appropriate letter grade, P/NP, or S/U where indicated.
12. If you need to grade more than one course:
- To grade a second course, select the Faculty button at the top of the page.
- Choose CRN Selection from the list of links.
- Select your next course from the drop down list and press submit.
- You will be taken back to the Faculty page, where you can select Final Grades from the list again.
- You can now enter grades for your second course.
Contact the Office of the Registrar if you have any questions about entering final grades through myPNW.
- Hammond Campus – Kim Frazier (219) 989-2181
- Westville Campus – Barbara Phillips at (219) 785-5342
Grade Assignment Procedure Tips
- Valid normal grade choices are: A, B, C, D, or F (including optional +/- grades). You may need to scroll up or down to find your selection.
- Select or enter the appropriate grade in the Grade column corresponding to the student’s name.
- If a “W” appears in the Grade column, do not assign another grade.
- Last Attend Date is required for students being issued an “F” grade due to non-attendance. Please enter this date to the right on the electronic roster.
- All students must receive a grade.
- For student on the Pass/No Pass option, please select or enter either “P” or “N” in the Grade column. Students may not receive a grade of “P” or “N” unless the Pass/No Pass indicator is displayed. The Pass/No Pass indicator appears in the P/NP column with a “P”.
- For all Non-Credit courses, students should be assigned either “S” (passing/satisfactory) or “U” (failing/unsatisfactory), whichever applies. The Last Attend Date is required for students being issued a grade of “U”.