Purdue Northwest’s Mammography Screening Event
Through a collaboration between Purdue University Northwest and Franciscan Health, convenient access to preventive screening mammograms is available again this year. PNW is providing benefits-eligible employees an opportunity to have this screening done, in paid status, with supervisor approval.
Who is eligible for mammography screenings?
- All benefits-eligible female employees and covered female spouses at the Purdue Northwest campuses between the ages of 41 and 70, with no claims for breast cancer screening in the previous 365 days.
What does the screening event offer eligible employees?
- Employees will be provided up to 90 minutes of paid release time (with supervisor approval) during their regularly scheduled shift, to allow for travel to a designated location, for screening time, and travel back to campus. The employee does not need to make up the paid release time.
How does an employee participate?
The employee will complete the following steps:
- Discuss with the supervisor acceptable times to be away from the workplace.
- Verify your eligibility to receive instructions for scheduling your appointment OR call Human Resources at (219) 989-2251. The registration deadline is September 21, 2018.
- Receive document from provider indicating proof of attendance (if required by supervisor).
- Record the time away as “other leave” in paid status (bi-weekly staff only).
Employees who utilize university vehicles as their main means of transportation are able to drive to and from the screening using university vehicles.
How should our department prepare?
Establish protocol for submitting, considering and approving participation that best fits the business needs. Participation in this program should not negatively impact attendance or an employee’s performance of job responsibilities. Human Resources is available to answer questions and to help you establish procedures that will work efficiently in your area.
If you have questions about the mammography program, please contact Human Resources at (219) 989-2251.