PNW Study-Away Programs
Explore new cultures, develop real-world skills and build unforgettable memories with PNW's study-away programs! From spring break experiences to semester-long trips, our flexible offerings fit your needs as you work toward a PNW degree.
PNW's Study Away Program is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience and every student should consider one before graduation. I was able to visit several cultural monuments and meet so many amazing people during my time away.
I got the chance of a lifetime to study abroad and learn about the fascinating city of London. I saw beautiful architecture from the massive museums to the manicured lawns of Strawberry Hill. Every inch of London is enriched with a narrative of the past, enabling me to develop different perspectives on how spaces can be used and their sense of community.
For anybody thinking about studying abroad, just do it. PNW has so many resources that can help you.
Having the opportunity to study [abroad] and work in Spain… The experience provided me with a great opportunity to ‘try out’ living and working abroad before I fully committed to a career in international journalism.
Why Study Away?
In addition to being an incredible, transformative experience, a study-away program can bring a host of academic, professional and personal benefits!
- Add a global dimension to your academics, career and life.
- Travel to new places and gain memories to last a lifetime.
- Build independence and teamwork skills across cultures.
- Develop experience to help you succeed in a global environment.
If you are interested in studying away or have questions, please email email@example.com.
- Add a unique, comparative lens to your discipline.
- help understand concepts through experiential learning.
- Build your network through engaging work alongside PNW faculty, peers and international experts.
- Use your international experience be a jumping-off point for research, internships and/or service learning opportunities.
- Develop skills such as: flexibility, adaptability, comfort with ambiguity, communication, curiosity, empathy and intercultural competence.
- Set yourself apart: fewer than 10% of American undergraduates study abroad/
- 68% of study abroad alumni reported that it contributed to a job offer or promotion (IIE, 2017).
- Gain a sense of independence.
- Increase self-confidence.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills.
- Travel and see new places.
- Engage with those who are different from you and build an appreciation for diversity.
With program options around the globe, how do you choose the right one? Our resources will start you on your path to studying abroad!
Studying abroad can be affordable with scholarships, financial aid and other resources!
Find answers to frequently asked questions about study abroad from the Office of International Programs and Partnerships (OIPP).
From choosing a program to exploring funding resources, we are here to assist you with all aspects of study abroad: before, during and after your experience.