These policies apply to anyone scheduling exams (faculty, student or community members) in the Purdue University Northwest testing centers at Hammond or Westville.
The Purdue Northwest testing centers exist to provide academic proctoring and test services for all colleges/departments that elect to use the centers. As in all areas of the University, resources allocated to run services are not unlimited. The centers are shared resources for the campus and must ensure that all users have fair and equitable access to these resources.
- Cohort scheduling – Reserving the testing center/s for an entire class on a specific day and time, i.e. all students test on a Monday at 8 a.m. only.
- Duration scheduling – Reserving the testing center/s for an exam that spans one or several days, i.e. an exam is available Monday – Wednesday, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and student schedule according to their convenience/availability.
- RegisterBlast – The system used for faculty to request exams in the testing center and students/testers to schedule their exams.
- Professor Module – The module in RegisterBlast faculty use to submit exam requests.
- All exam requests to be submitted through RegisterBlast Professor Module.
- Exam requests are reviewed/accepted on a first-come, first-served basis as noted by email time stamps.
- Centers can administer both paper and computer-based exams.
- If required, exam passwords should be included in RegisterBlast exam submission or provided to testing center in advance of test date.
- Paper exams should be attached to exam request in RegisterBlast with specification of how exam should be returned, i.e. faculty pick-up, interoffice mail, scan and email.
- Requests can be made for same semester only, opening two weeks prior to each semester.
- Exam requests can be for cohort or duration schedules.
- The deadline for ALL exam requests from faculty is 72 hours prior to requested exam date.
- Exam requests can be made for hours outside of general center business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) with at least 72 hours advance notice to ensure staffing.
- Exam requests will be approved and confirmed during centers general business hours.
- Faculty will receive exam confirmation via email from testing center administration.