Vaccinations Open to 16 and Older and Mask Mandate at PNW
March 30, 2021
As of Monday March 29, Hoosiers who are 30 and older are now eligible to sign up for a vaccination, and on Wednesday, March 31, any Hoosier 16 and older will be eligible to sign up for a vaccination.
Masks on Purdue Northwest Campuses
On April 6, the state of Indiana will be lifting its mask mandate. Purdue University Northwest will be keeping its mask mandate in place until further notice for all buildings and grounds.
We will advise our campus community if any changes are made to our face covering protocol. Thank you for your continued support of this policy on our campuses.
Updated Guidance for Vaccinated Individuals
How and when a fully vaccinated individual can visit with other people who are fully vaccinated and with other people who are not vaccinated:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart.
- Visit with unvaccinated people from one other household indoors without wearing masks or staying 6 feet apart if everyone in the other household is at low risk for severe disease.
- Refrain from quarantine and testing if they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 after contact with someone who has COVID-19.
A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the last required dose of vaccine.
The CDC recommends that fully vaccinated people continue to take these COVID-19 precautions when in public, when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple other households, and when around unvaccinated people who are at high risk of getting severely ill from COVID-19:
- Wear a well-fitted mask.
- Stay at least 6 feet from people you do not live with.
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings.
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers.
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations.
- Here is the reference
Ordering COVID related Supplies
- Procurement Services will work with campus stakeholders and vendor partners to identify and locate essential COVID-19 related supplies such as hand sanitizer, face coverings, disinfecting wipes and surface disinfectant.
- Colleges and departments should complete the information below to submit a purchase request for these essential supply orders instead of purchasing items on their own. This applies to branded and unbranded items. If your department is considering purchasing any PPE materials that include the university name, symbol, marks, logo or phrases that represent Purdue Northwest, a university licensed vendor must be used. Please see the licensing guidelines or contact Marketing and Communications with questions about proper branding of items.
- Please use this link for ordering
A feedback survey is available on the PNW website and can be used to ask any and all COVID-related questions. For example, you can use the survey for:
- Asking a COVID-19 related question
- Expressing a concern about a COVID-19 protocol not being followed on campus
- Providing feedback about a COVID-19 response
- Alerting the task force about the need for additional signage concerning protocols
- Communicating you have been exposed or possibly exposed to COVID-19
For guidance on how to report a Positive COVID-19 Test Result please click here