Who Are We?
The Veterans and Student Service Members Academic Support Program, is a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members completing their educational goals.
The Veterans and Student Service Members Academic Assistance Program, was first generously funded through the Military Family Research Institution at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Operation Diploma initiative and the Lilly Endowment.
What Do We Do to Impact You?
Combinations of services such as tutoring, academic monitoring, field experiences, and counseling will be provided according to your identified need in order to enhance your retention and successful completion of your undergraduate degree. In short, the program staff are committed to assisting veterans and student service members to transition from “an environment where vigilance and mistrust may have been crucial to survival, into an environment where openness and trust are essential to success”.
- Assistance with filing the appropriate documents to obtain military benefits
- Academic Pre-Advising
- Personal and Career Counseling
- One on One Tutoring
- Referrals to Licensed Counseling Services
- Referrals to University academic support services
- A Common Access Card (CAC) Reader
- Assistance in adjusting to the collegiate experience
- A place to gather with understanding hearts, sympathetic ears, a footlocker full of information, and a full coffee pot!