Title: Career Consultant
Department: Career Center
Campus: Westville & Hammond
Building: Library Student Faculty Room: 104
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Western Kentucky University, 2015
- Master of Arts in Education: Student Affairs in Higher Education, Western Kentucky University, 2017
- 2 years as a Graduate Assistant and Student Staffing Coordinator.
- 2 years as a Career Coach.
- 4 years as a Camp Program Director and Peer Minister.
What path brought you here?
I had the opportunity as an Undergraduate student to talk to my peers about career building and how to help them find where they wanted to go and help them figure out how to achieve goals. I wanted to be able to do something like that on a daily basis for a job so I found Student Affairs and Career Services and I have not looked back since. After graduating with my Master’s Degree I was lucky enough to find a position at PNW.
What Do You Like Most About Working At The Career Center?
Being a resource for students and the people here are great!
Quote you live by:
“It is not where you have been that counts, but where you are going”.
Advice for Students:
Do not wait until you are graduating to find out what to do after, and remember to breathe.
What is the most interesting job you ever had?
Program Director for a camp. Had to find a way to entertain grade school children with games and activities for a week at a time.