CHESS Students Take Top Honors at Graduation
Five CHESS students received the Chancellor’s Medallion upon graduation in May. The medallion recognizes graduates who earned the highest grade-point average in each college.
The recipients were:
- Joshua W. Koepke, History, Kouts
- Claire E. Miller, Elementary Education, Lowell
- Ashley R. Oh, Social Work, Portage
- Sarah Soliday, Social Work, Valparaiso
- Hilary K. VanderVelde, Psychology, Schererville
Elaine Carey, dean of the College of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences, congratulated the recipients on their achievements.
“It is PNW’s highest honor that acknowledges the recipients’ commitment to their disciplines and programs,” she said. “Moreover, receiving the medallion is a celebration for these brilliant students and their families who sacrificed and supported the recipients during their time at PNW.”