Purdue Educational Leaders (PEL) Fellowship Program
The PNW Educational Leaders (PEL) Fellowship Program addresses the region’s substitute-teacher shortage while providing instructional experiences, professional development and employment for PNW candidates.
Talented pre-service educators can make a difference for students in Northwest Indiana while completing their degree programs. PEL Fellows substitute teach and work with students in schools while earning substitute-teaching wages.
Candidates Must Be
- Admitted into PNW educator preparation program
- Successfully completed 45 hours of coursework
- Availability on Mondays and/or Fridays
While earning money, PEL Fellows work alongside classroom educators to develop expertise in creating classroom learning environments to meet the needs of all learners. Fellows will develop expertise in creating engaging instructional learning opportunities at a variety of grade levels that will enhance their resume.
Participation involves you in authentic classroom experiences that move beyond the traditional course work and field experiences of your undergraduate program.
PEL Fellows will:
- Engage in robust professional development
- Be mentored by experienced educators
- Be able to connect, reflect and improve upon their practice
- Be better prepared to meet the challenges of today’s classrooms
- Develop relationships with novice educators
- Cultivate a consistent pool of candidates who will teach the learners in their buildings
- Gain an additional resource for classrooms that will benefit the learners in their building