- This event has passed.
Backpack Giveaway Contest
July 14 - July 28
Calling all PNW Departments!! We have an awesome challenge for you this summer, where you can compete for the Golden Backpack and bragging rights!
Purdue Northwest is hosting Community Backpack Giveaway events on August 3 in both Westville and Hammond. These events will benefit children and families in need who live in and attend schools (K – 12) in the surrounding communities.
From July 14 to 28, we’ll be collecting school supplies for the event, and colleges and units can compete against each other to donate the most school supplies and win the Golden Backpack. The college or unit will receive the trophy and bragging rights. Be sure to bag your items together and include your organization’s name and contact info so that your org receives points. You can also complete the form here, and we will pick up your donation.
- SULB – Welcome Center
- DSAC – Office of Student Life & Welcome Center
The winners will be determined using the following point system:
- Five Points Each: Earbuds, Headphones, Scientific Calendar
- Four Points Each: Bottles of Hand Sanitizer, Paper Towels, Boxes of Tissue
- Three Points Each: 24-Pack of Crayons, Markers, Dry Erase Markers, Highlighters, Scissors, 3-Ring Binders, Sharpies
- Two Points Each: Notebooks (single-subject, wide-ruled, multi-subject, and college-ruled) Composition Books, Glue Bottles, Glue Sticks, Index Cards (3 x 5, 5 x 7), Post-It Notes
- One Point Each: #2 Pencils, Erasers, 3-Hole Folders, Colored Pencils, Blue Ink Pens, Red Ink Pens, Rulers
The winners will be announced in August.
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.