- This event has passed.
STEM Industry Job Fair
September 20 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
Students and alumni of PNW that are seeking STEM related internships and full-time employment are invited to the STEM Industry Job Fair!
The STEM Industry Job Fair is a business casual networking event for students and alumni of Purdue University Northwest that are seeking full time employment and internships in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math. While the employers that come to this event will be seeking students from these degree programs, we encourage ALL students who have an interest in STEM related employment to participate in this event.
What to Expect
- The event will be held on Wednesday, September 20, 2023, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. CST at the Hammond campus, Fitness and Recreation Center gymnasium.
- Plan accordingly to dress appropriately to meet with employers, first impressions count! This event is business casual attire preferred, which means no jeans, sweatpants, shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, ball caps, and otherwise revealing attire. Clean and neat looking apparel is recommended.
- RESEARCH the employers that are listed before coming to this event. Employers expect you to sell yourself to them, not the other way around, so take some time, and plan who you want to talk to, and what you want to say. Practice your introduction.
- Utilize the Online Career Center in Brightspace to prepare and bring multiple copies of your resume to distribute to the employers that interest you the most and maybe a few more you meet that day.
- Remember to ask for business cards, and follow through with a polite “thank you” email.
- You are the PRIDE of Purdue, so please be on your best behavior. We know you will do well.
If you have any questions or are unsure, contact the Career Center. It is our job to help you feel prepared!
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion five days prior to the event at email@example.com, 219-989-2163 (Hammond Campus) or 219-785-5545 (Westville Campus).