Use this advanced screen recording tool to create voice-over presentations or in-video quizzes that can be added to Brightspace and shared with students.
- Narrate and record PowerPoint slides, Web pages or demonstrations
- Enhance your recordings with ready-to-use themes, animated backgrounds, graphics, callouts and more
- Create captions for audio in your recordings
- Create in-video quizzes that integrate with Brightspace
How to Use Camtasia from Start to Finish
Saving and Uploading
- Save and Produce Recordings (Video)
- Uploading Camtasia Video File, through Kaltura Media, to Brightspace
I made a set of videos to help students in the PHYS 22100 lab understand all of the steps in performing the experiments the way we want them done. I find Camtasia very easy to use while having many of the features that I need to record and edit video.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the Purdue Teaching and Learning Technologies’ Camtasia page. Click on Camtasia Software Download.
- Sign in using your Career Account username & password. Choose the option that best fits your needs. SnagIt is a software developed by TechSmith Camtasia used to take screen shots. It is not necessary to download SnagIt in order to use Camtasia.
- Choose your operating system. Click Add to Cart.
- Choose Checkout and accept the user agreement.
- Click Nextand Place Order.
- Make note of the Serial number on the Order Summary page. You will need to enter that number exactly, with dashes, after downloading.
Students, grad students, limited-term lecturers and visiting scholars are not eligible, but may have their full-time direct supervisor complete the registration form for a university installation.
If you followed the prompts and did not change the location where the file was saved, then your files should be found under My Computer > My Documents
When uploading media into Brightspace through Kaltura, only the compatible MP4 file will show up.