From narrating PowerPoint slides to creating in-video quizzes that integrate with Blackboard, you can use this computer-screen recording and video-editing software to enhance learning.
- Narrate and record PowerPoint slides, Web pages or software demonstrations
- Enhance your recordings with ready-to-use themes, animated backgrounds, graphics, callouts and more
- Create captions for audio in your recordings
- Create in-video quizzes that integrate with Blackboard
I made a set of videos to help students in the PHYS 22100 lab understand all of the steps in performing the experiments the way we want them done. I find Camtasia very easy to use while having many of the features that I need to record and edit video
Saving and Uploading
Frequently Asked Questions
- Visit the Purdue Teaching and Learning Technologies’ Camtasia page. Click on Camtasia Software Download.
- Sign in using your BoilerKey. Choose the option that best fits your needs. SnagIt is a software developed by TechSmith Camtasia used to take screen shots. It is not necessary to download SnagIt in order to use Camtasia.
- Choose your operating system. Click Add to Cart.
- Choose Checkout and accept the user agreement.
- Click Nextand Place Order.
- Make note of the Serial number on the Order Summary page. You will need to enter that number exactly, with dashes, after downloading.
Students, grad students, limited-term lecturers and visiting scholars are not eligible, but may have their full-time direct supervisor complete the registration form for a university installation.
If you followed the prompts and did not change the location where the file was saved, then your files should be found under My Computer > My Documents
When uploading media into Blackboard through Kaltura, only the compatible MP4 file will show up.