Google Hangouts Meet is a video conferencing app. It is the business-oriented version of Google’s Hangouts
Tips & Tricks
- Google Meet “Cheat Sheet”
- Overview of Hangouts
- Tutorials for creating Hangouts
- How to Support Collaboration (Video)
- Compare Hangouts vs Meet
Frequently Asked Questions
All PNW faculty, staff, and students can use Google Meet. When logging in, use your @pnw.edu e-mail address to authenticate.
Depending on how you wish to connect to the meeting, you will need some combination of the following:
- Computer with internet connection
- Webcam – See this guide on Webcam recommendations (PDF)
- Mobile Device (The Meet App is available through Apple iTunes and the Google Play Store)
Please email the Customer Service Center one week prior to your scheduled meeting to ensure equipment will be available during this time. Include the room number, date, and time of your meeting.
If you are using Meet and another program (like Zoom, Jabber, or Discord) that uses voice communication, and you are having issues with your microphone:
- Go to the Start Menu and type “Sound Settings”
- Click the blue “Sound Control Panel” link on the right.
- On the “Recording” tab, go to properties for your Microphone.
- On the “Advanced” tab uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.