Students, faculty and staff all have a set budget each semester for printing documents on campus.
Where Can I Print?
- Gyte Basement
- Open labs with printers
- Technology Building, Room 053
- LSF Building Library
- Cyber Cafe in the LSF Building
For students, the standard printing allotment is $1.75 per credit hour taken each semester.
- Unused Print credits are non-refundable.
when you are ready to print from any lab computer, you will see two options when choosing your printer:
If you are in Hammond:
If you are in Westville:
- Westville-Color Printing
Sending your print job to those queues will allow you to pick up your print job at any public printer on that campus! So, you could print from Gyte, and pick up the job in SULB. Or you could print in TECH and pick up the job in Schwarz. (The only thing to remember is that if you print to the color queue, you are charged for color prints. So, choose which queue you want to use wisely!) After you have sent your job to the queue, walk to the printer and scan the QR code with your phone. That will then allow you to see all your pending print jobs right from your phone and release all or some of them to that printer!
Don’t have a phone? No problem! Just release it from a nearby lab computer, or any device with a web browser, by visiting Papercut. Select “Jobs Pending Release” from the left navigation bar and choose which printer you would like to print to! To get the name of the printer, just look at the QR code label.
Lastly – you can also print from your personal device to any printer, too! Visit Papercut and select “Web Print” from the left navigation bar, upload your file(s) and choose which printer you would like to use. To get the name of the printer, just look at the QR code label.
More information on the print release can be found in the FAQ section under “Printing Options”
Full-time and part-time faculty will be allocated $20 credit every semester to print in the labs for class-demonstration purposes. Purchasing additional credit for faculty is not required. Negative balance printing has been enabled.
Yes! You can print to certain printers on campus from your personal device. Just look for the sign at each printer with the printer’s name.
- Login to Papercut.
- Select Web Print on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select Submit a Job.
- Select the print queue you would like to print your document to. You will have to select a queue based on campus, and if you want a black and white or color print. Once selected, select 2. Print Options and Account Selection
- Enter the amount of copies and select 3. Upload Documents.
- Drag & drop the files or select Upload from computer. The list of supported file types are below this. Unsupported file types cannot be printed. Once file is uploaded, select Upload & Complete.
- The print job will now process and you will see the updated information. You may now go to any printer on the campus you selected and scan the QR Code to release your job. NOTE: On some browsers you may need to refresh the page to see the status or select your Recent Print Jobs page on the left-hand side
Single-sided and duplex printing for black and white or color printing.
Large documents can be printed at Printing Services & Duplicating Services at a cost.
You can print your entire credit amount.
- Select the appropriate queue to print your job. You can then go to ANY printer on that campus to release the job.
- You will only see two “printers” on the computer. One for black and white printing and one for color printing.
- Scan the QR code affixed to the printer you would like your job to print out to. Follow the link it brings up.
- Sign in with your career account
- Select your document(s). Then, press the green release job(s) button at the bottom of the page.
TIP! You can cancel print jobs that you do not want by selecting the jobs and pressing the red cancel job(s) button.
- Navigate to papercut.pnw.edu and sign in with your career account
- Select “Jobs Pending Release” on the sidebar
- Select your job
- Select the printer you would like to print to
- TIP! The printer names are included on the decal on the printer.
In the future, you may also swipe your PNW ID Card at any card-swipe enabled copier.
This might happen because the printer you scanned does not support the color mode you selected. (Example: A color print on a greyscale only printer)
Black and white printers = $0.04 per side
Black and white printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.06
Color printers = $0.10 per side
Color printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.20
Color printers charge for $0.10 per side, regardless of color or black & white for the print job.
- You are charged for your print job the moment you release it from your mobile device or the Papercut website.
- Any jobs not released within 24 hours will automatically be cleared and no charge will be applied.
Go to Papercut and log in to your printing account. The summary page will show basic information about your credit and usage.
If your print job is bigger than the amount of credit you have, your job will not print. If you need additional credits, you will have to purchase them.
Yes, you will receive an e-mail when your credit is less than $1.00.
Funds can be added in increments of $2.00, $5.00 or $10.00
- Log in to the MyPNW Portal.
- In the MyPNW Shortcuts section, select “Purchase Print Units.”
- Login to PaperCut with your PNW Career (non-BoilerKey) username and password.
- Select “Add Paid Balance.”
- Choose how much you would like to add to your account and select “Add Value.”
- Enter your credit/debit card information and select continue when finished.
The additional balance will be available immediately upon ordering.
Print credits are non-refundable, except in the case of bad print output due to printer error.
- If a student drops a course within the first week of the semester, the print credit for that course will also be dropped.
- If a student drops a course the second week or later of the semester, the print credit for that course will not be dropped.
- Unused credit will automatically roll over from fall to spring and from spring to summer semesters.
- Prior to the Fall semester, all allotments will be reset.
- Purchased print credits will not be touched, and can be used no matter what semester they were purchased in.
- Unused Print credits are non-refundable.
Credit is reset at the beginning of the fall semester each year.
Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of IS staff. Refunds can be requested in Papercut. Log in with your Purdue account, go to the Recent Print Jobs page, and in the Status column, you will be able to select the link for requesting refunds for the specific print job.
Please note that refund requests because of issues with the printed pages (poor quality, damage, etc) will need to be submitted to the Customer Service Center at the campus where you are located. Refund requests need to be submitted within 24 hours of experiencing a problem.
Unused Print credits are non-refundable.