Students, faculty and staff all have a set budget each semester for printing documents on campus.
Where Can I Print?
- Gyte Basement
- Open labs with printers
- Technology Building, Room 265
- Technology Building, Room 053
- LSF Building Library
- Cyber Cafe in the LSF Building
For students, the standard printing allotment is $1.75 per credit hour taken each semester.
- Unused Print credits are non-refundable.
To make printing more convenient, and to ensure that we are being environmentally responsible (generating less paper, toner and electricity waste) we are excited to introduce a Print Release model at PNW!
When printing from public computers – those that you would find in computer labs, classrooms, the library, etc. – you will be able to pick up that job from any public printer on campus. For example: if you print from a Gyte computer lab, you could pick up your document from the library. Or, if you print from a computer lab in LSF, you could pick it up from a printer in TECH.
Full-time and part-time faculty will be allocated $20 credit every semester to print in the labs for class-demonstration purposes. Purchasing additional credit for faculty is not required. Negative balance printing has been enabled.
Yes! You can print to certain printers on campus from your personal device. Just look for the sign at each printer with the printer’s name.
- Login to Papercut.
- Select Web Print on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select Submit a Job.
- Select the printer you would like to print to. Printer names use acronyms, so ANDR250 is Anderson 250, HPLJ600 is HP LaserJet model 600. You can also search for a specific printer. Once selected, select 2. Print Options and Account Selection.
- Enter the amount of copies and select 3. Upload Documents.
- Drag & drop the files or select Upload from computer. The list of supported file types are below this. Unsupported file types cannot be printed. Once file is uploaded, select Upload & Complete.
- The print job will now process and you will see the updated information. NOTE: On some browsers you may need to refresh the page to see the status or select your Recent Print Jobs page on the left-hand side.
Single-sided and duplex printing for black and white or color printing.
Large documents can be printed at Printing Services & Duplicating Services at a cost.
You can print your entire credit amount.
Black and white printers = $0.04 per side
Black and white printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.06
Color printers = $0.10 per side
Color printers duplex (print on both sides) = $0.20
Color printers charge for $0.10 per side, regardless of color or black & white for the print job.
Go to Papercut and log in to your printing account. The summary page will show basic information about your credit and usage.
If your print job is bigger than the amount of credit you have, your job will not print. If you need additional credits, you will have to purchase them.
Yes, you will receive an e-mail when your credit is less than $1.00.
Funds can be added in increments of $2.00, $5.00 or $10.00
- Log in to the MyPNW Portal.
- In the MyPNW Shortcuts section, select “Purchase Print Units.”
- Login to PaperCut with your PNW Career (non-BoilerKey) username and password.
- Select “Add Paid Balance.”
- Choose how much you would like to add to your account and select “Add Value.”
- Enter your credit/debit card information and select continue when finished.
The additional balance will be available immediately upon ordering.
Print credits are non-refundable, except in the case of bad print output due to printer error.
- If a student drops a course within the first week of the semester, the print credit for that course will also be dropped.
- If a student drops a course the second week or later of the semester, the print credit for that course will not be dropped.
- Unused credit will automatically roll over from fall to spring and from spring to summer semesters.
- Prior to the Fall semester, all allotments will be reset.
- Purchased print credits will not be touched, and can be used no matter what semester they were purchased in.
- Unused Print credits are non-refundable.
Credit is reset at the beginning of the fall semester each year.
Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of IS staff. Refunds can be requested in Papercut. Log in with your Purdue account, go to the Recent Print Jobs page, and in the Status column, you will be able to select the link for requesting refunds for the specific print job.
Please note that refund requests because of issues with the printed pages (poor quality, damage, etc) will need to be submitted to the Customer Service Center at the campus where you are located. Refund requests need to be submitted within 24 hours of experiencing a problem.
Unused Print credits are non-refundable.