Meden F. Isaac-Lam, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Meden F. Isaac-Lam teaches organic chemistry, biochemistry and general chemistry. Her research is in drug therapeutics for cancer and neurodegenerative disease.
- Development and discovery of drug therapeutics for photodynamic therapy as cancer treatment and neurodegenerative diseases
- Use of MRI/MRS (magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy to study brain diseases and disorders
- Understanding the effect of calorie restriction in human health
- Isaac-Lam MF, DeMichael KM. Calorie restriction and breast cancer treatment: a mini-review. J. Mol. Med. 2022, 100, 1095-1109. Doi: 10.1007/s00109-022-02226-y.
- Isaac-Lam MF. Molecular modeling of the interaction of ligands with ACE2–SARS-CoV-2 spike protein complex. In Silico Pharmacol. 2021, 9, 55. Doi: 10.1007/s40203-021-00114-w.
- Isaac-Lam MF. United States Patent for Invention (Release Date 12/07/2021), United States Patent and Trademark Office. US Patent No. 11,191,835 B2. Chlorin-Vitamin Conjugates (Therapeutics for Cancer). Purdue Research Foundation (Assignee).
Academic Research Support, Collaborations and Community Engagements
- Indiana Academy of Science
- Purdue University Office of Technology Commercialization
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY)
- Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle èpiniére – ICM or Brain and Spine Institute (Paris, France)
- La Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital (Paris, France)
- Duke University (Durham, NC)
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC)
Lionhearted Leaders: Meden F. Isaac-Lam
The experimental portion of chemistry, watching the molecules seem to be alive, interact and transform, is what most interested Meden Isaac-Lam about the field. It was the idea of contributing to the education of the next generation of scientists that interested her most in teaching.