Meden F. Isaac-Lam, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Meden F. Isaac-Lam teaches organic chemistry, biochemistry and general chemistry. Her research is in drug therapeutics for cancer and neurodegenerative disease.
- Development and discovery of drug therapeutics for photodynamic therapy as cancer treatment and neurodegenerative diseases
- Use of MRI/MRS (magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopy to study brain diseases and disorders
- Understanding the effect of calorie restriction in human health
- Isaac-Lam, M.F. Molecular modeling of the interaction of ligands with ACE2–SARS-CoV-2 spike protein complex. In Silico Pharmacol. 9, 55 (2021). Doi:10.1007/s40203-021-00114-w.
- Isaac-Lam MF. United States Patent for Invention (Release Date 10/20/20), United States Patent and Trademark Office. US Patent No. 10,806,788 B2. Chlorin-Vitamin Conjugates (Therapeutics for Triple Negative Breast Cancer). Purdue Research Foundation (Assignee).
- Marko AJ, Borah BM, Siters KE, Missert JR, Gupta A, Pera P, Isaac-Lam MF, Pandey RK. Targeted Nanoparticles for Fluorescence Imaging of Folate Receptor Positive Tumors. Biomolecules, 2020, 10, 1651. Doi:10.3390/biom10121651.
Academic Research Support, Collaborations and Community Engagements
- Indiana Academy of Science
- Purdue University Office of Technology Commercialization
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Buffalo, NY)
- Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle èpiniére – ICM or Brain and Spine Institute (Paris, France)
- La Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital (Paris, France)
- Duke University (Durham, NC)
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (Durham, NC)