Join us for a free concert as Yung Gravy comes to campus on Friday, April 19 for Roaring Loud!
You’ve Powered Onward through another year of hard work, new experiences and amazing accomplishments. Now we’re looking to celebrate you with a night of fun, free music at the heart of Hammond Campus!
April 19, 2024 | Doors open 5:30 p.m.
Ticket questions should be directed to The Office of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Ready for Yung Gravy
Only the best things get better with age — wine, cheddar, 401ks, the list goes on. It turns out Yung Gravy gets better with age too.
When you think about it, the name Yung Gravy says a great deal. It’s perpetually youthful, and it oozes “sauce.” As such, Yung Gravy uses his own special recipe to bring originality and positivity to make his one-of-a-kind impact on the genre.
Gravy flexes his passion for soul music and oldies in his production, sampling a wide range of musical styles dating from the 1940’s to the present-day. Nostalgic and often-jubilant melodies paired with heavy trap drums form the usual canvas for his signature baritone voice — reminiscent of Barry White.
Showcasing effortless flows and endlessly quotable lyrics, Yung Gravy paints something truly unique while clearly having a good time doing so. In the span of six short years, Gravy has transformed from Soundcloud stalwart to platinum powerhouse.
To date, his accolades include three platinum and four gold singles, as well as 10 sold-out tours of North America, Europe, and Australia. He has collaborated with his self-proclaimed musical heroes, including Lil Wayne, Chief Keef, Juicy J, T-Pain, and the late Young Dolph.
Gravy became the soundtrack, and unofficial second mascot, of the Tampa Bay Lightning, and was given an honorary Stanley Cup Ring. He starred in a worldwide commercial campaign with Martha Stewart, and weeks later performed for the VMAs and Jimmy Kimmel Live. Not to mention, he partnered with Samsung and Jimmy John’s for campaigns. Tallying 6 billion streams and selling 5 million units thus far, he’s notched four entries on the Billboard 200, two in the Top 30 of the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart, and two on the Top 20 of the Top Album Sales Chart. He’ll hit the stage at Bottlerock and Hangout Music Festival in 2023.
For all of the swagger and style he exhibited upon his arrival, he managed to become even smoother since his introduction in 2016. After streams in the billions, packed venues, and “side missions” with Martha Stewart, he stirred up his tastiest sauce yet on his 2022 third full-length opus, Marvelous [Republic Records] introduced by the chart-topping platinum-certifiedBillboard Hot 100 Top 30 single “Betty (Get Money).”
Interested in Being the Roaring Loud Opening?
We are looking for a student opening act for Roaring Loud 2024!
All submissions are pending until approval from Student Life and Yung Gravy’s Team.
Note: Must be PG-13.
- Roaring Loud featuring is open to all currently enrolled and admitted PNW students, as well as PNW faculty, staff and confirmed alumni.
- You are allowed a maximum of two tickets. Each PNW-affiliated ticket holder is allowed one guest. The guest is not required to be a PNW student, faculty, staff member or alumnus.
- Tickets may be printed or displayed on a mobile device for entry. Current Photo IDs must be shown for entry along with each ticket. Ticketholders without valid photo IDs will be refused entry.
Ticket questions should be directed to email@example.com
Day-Of Concert Details
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m. The opening act is slated for 6:30 p.m., and Yung Gravy takes the stage at 8 p.m.
- The concert will be held in the 173rd Street Parking Lot (by Nils K. Nelson Bioscience Innovation Building).
Entry and Parking
- The entry gate is located on the east side of the concert area, near Lawshe Hall.
- No re-entry will be permitted if ticketholders and guests exit the secure concert area after admission.
- Parking is available in the north lot (off 169th St). No parking will be available on the south end of campus.
Food and Drink
- No food or drink is permitted in the secure concert area.
- Food trucks will be available. List of trucks coming soon!
- Only one of the bags listed below per person will be permitted inside the concert area at the Roaring Loud event:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″x 6″x 12″
- One-gallon re-sealable clear freezer bag.
- A clutch purse no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5.”
- Medical bags for accompanying patron.
Severe Weather Location
- In case of a severe weather event, the concert will be held in the Fitness and Recreation Center (2300 173rd Street, Hammond).
- Due to capacity limitations, tickets reserved after April 5, or when capacity is reached, are not guaranteed admission if the concert is moved indoors.
- Ticket holders will be notified of ticket cancellation due to weather no less than 24 hours prior to the event.
To request a disability related accommodation for this event, please contact the Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 785-5545 five days prior to the event.
Looking Back at Roaring Loud 2023
Don't Miss Other PNW Events
Feb 21Black History Month
Join us as PNW celebrates Black History Month! From our kickoff celebration to Black Jeopardy, we’ll have fun while recognizing the essential impact of Black history, accomplishments and culture.
Feb 21Elections Packet Due – SGA Elections
Are you applying to PNW’s Student Association Government? Don’t forget to turn in your Elections Packet today!
Feb 21One Love Poetry Slam
Join us for a Poetry Slam to celebrate black history, joy, love, freedom, equality, and community, and to honor Bob Marley’s dedication to spreading love, compassion and freedom through his music and poetic lyrics.
Feb 22Intramural Baking Contest- Hartsfield Village
PNW Intramurals and Hartsfield Village are teaming up to unlock a special memory for one of the residents through our Intramural Baking Contest.
To request a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity at email@example.com or (219) 989-2163 five days prior to the event.