Who Are We?
Purdue University Northwest Veterans Services: a program designed to create a community of university personnel, students, and community agencies that provide individual support/service that increases the likelihood of veterans and student service members successfully completing their educational goals.
What Do We Do to Impact You?
Combinations of services such as tutoring, academic monitoring, field experiences, and counseling will be provided according to your identified need in order to enhance your retention and successful completion of your undergraduate degree. In short, the program staff are committed to assisting veterans and student service members to transition from the military environment into the academic environment with as few complications as possible.
- Assistance with filing the appropriate documents to obtain military benefits
- Assistance in filing for financial aid
- Academic Pre-Advising
- Personal and Career Counseling
- One on One Tutoring
- Referrals to Licensed Counseling Services
- Referrals to University academic support services
- A Common Access Card (CAC) Reader
- Assistance in adjusting to the collegiate experience
- A place to gather with understanding hearts, sympathetic ears, a footlocker full of information, and a full coffee pot!