Calling All CHESS Designers!
October 9, 2020
The College of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (CHESS) is looking for our next t-shirt and/or hoodie design. We want one of our students to help us design it!
About the Contest
The CHESS Design Competition is open to all students currently enrolled in the College of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences at Purdue University Northwest. The first place winner of the competition will have their design put on t-shirts and/or hoodies that will be distributed to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- The first place winner will also receive an iPad
- Second place will receive Beats headphones
- All entrants will receive one of our current CHESS t-shirts. (Must pick up in CHESS Dean’s office.)
Official Contest Rules
I have read the OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES for the CHESS Design contest and I agree to all the rules and regulations of the contest as outlined below:
- The contest is open to all currently enrolled students in good standing in the College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences at Purdue University Northwest. Students should submit designs individually.
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant that incorporate the University’s brand (i.e. colors, trademarks, or logos) into the design, has never been published, and does not contain profanity, trademarks, logos, or copyrighted works of any other person or business.
- Designs can use up to two colors in the design and incorporate a t-shirt color. The winning designer may display their own design in a portfolio or personal collection but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest. (T-shirt can be black, white, or gray)
- Official PNW Athletics Logos and marks are prohibited from use in the design.
- One of the Official College of Humanities, Education, and Social Sciences logos must be used in the design.
- All University Brand Standards must be adhered to.
- The winning design will be reviewed and possibly modified.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
Selection of Winner
All entry designs will be screened to ensure that they comply with the Official Contest rules and that they have met the guidelines and specifications, as seen on our website. All entries will be judged by the CHESS Dean’s Office.
In the event that no entry is selected, the CHESS Dean’s Office reserves the right to declare no winner and run the contest again at a later date. The CHESS Dean’s Office will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting your entry, you agree that if your design wins, the College of Humanities, Education at PNW will use the design as it sees fit.
- The contest begins on Monday, October 12.
- The entries must be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, November 16.
Form of Entries
- All entries should be submitted through the corresponding Qualtics form.
- The entry must be submitted electronically and may be any of the following art file formats: .JPG, .PDF or .PNG (Dimensions: 12″ x 12″) File name should include entrant’s last name and first initial.