CDC Recommends First Updated COVID-19 Booster
September 13, 2022
The CDC recommends everyone stays up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, including all primary series doses and boosters for their age group:
- People ages 6 months through 4 years should get all COVID-19 primary series doses.
- People ages 5 years and older should get all primary series doses, and the booster dose recommended for them by CDC, if eligible.
- People ages 5 years to 11 years are currently recommended to get the original (monovalent) booster.
- People ages 12 years and older are recommended to receive one updated Pfizer or Moderna (bivalent) booster.
- This includes people who have received all primary series doses and people who have previously received one or more original (monovalent) boosters.
- At this time, people ages 12 years to 17 years can only receive the updated Pfizer bivalent booster.
The single best way to protect you and your family from COVID-19 is by getting vaccinated. To locate where you can get a vaccine, visit Vaccines.gov – Find COVID‑19 vaccine locations near you.
For more information related to COVID-19 and what to do if you are exposed or test positive, visit the PNW COVID-19 web page.
The Safe Return Task Force