Doctor of Nursing Practice Application Guide
Submitting your application to PNW’s doctor of nursing practice program? See our application guide.
- A completed application form
- Your resume
- A statement of purpose for pursuing a DNP degree with PNW
- A copy of your U.S. registered nurse license
- Three recommendations using the university’s recommendation format
- Transcript(s) from each university/college attended
- If you are offered admission, you will need to complete the criminal background check (AFTER receiving your offer letter) as a condition of admission. Instructions will be provided with the admission offer letters.
College of Nursing
Purdue University Northwest
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094
Attention: Graduate Program Secretary
- Click the application link above
- Create an account and create username and password
- As you “Begin Your Application” select the following for “Term and Program Information”
- Campus: Hammond
- Program of Interest/Graduate Major: Nursing – Collaborative Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Enrollment Objective: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Select Entry Term and Year: appropriate term
- Submitting Recommendations through the Application System
These should be three letters of recommendation evaluating your scholarly potential. One should be from a clinical advisor or supervisor, one from an academic advisor or faculty member, and one from a nursing peer. The system will email the form if you include the reference e-mail address.
- Submitting a Statement of Purpose through the Application System
You will upload a 300-500 word essay addressing your reasons for pursuing the Doctor of Nursing Practice, including your reasons for choosing Purdue University Northwest, your career goals and practice interests in transforming healthcare through translational science and evidence based practice.
- Submitting your resume or curriculum vitae through the Application System
You will upload a resume/vitae within the online application.
- Completing the Process of Submitting the Application Form
Although your application may be considered “submitted” prior to paying the $60.00 application fee (for domestic applicants). Applications that are not showing “paid” will NOT be reviewed for potential admission. Fee payment is the final requirement needed for officially submitting the application.
- Submit Proof of U.S. RN Licensure
Submit a copy of your current registered nurse license(s) to the College of Nursing or provide us with the RN license number and state of licensure. If we can access the state license database we will pull a copy of your license.
- Submitting Transcripts
Transcripts from each university or college ever attended are required even if you did not complete a degree at that college or transferred courses in to another college. Please let us know if there may be an additional last names wherein those transcripts may be submitted to us under.
- Paper transcripts
Upload or submit an official (original) transcript from each university or college you have ever attended, even if you did not complete a degree at that college. Ask the colleges to send your transcripts directly to the College of Nursing at the address above.
- Electronic transcripts
We can accept electronic transcripts from institutions of higher education in the United States. Request the Registrar of those institutions to direct the electronic transcripts to Purdue University Northwest Graduate Studies Office. Unfortunately, we cannot accept electronic transcripts from applicants for degrees/course work earned outside the United States.
- Purdue University transcripts
If you attended any Purdue University campus in the past, you can check the box in the online application that gives us permission to access your records. We will be able to directly request your Purdue transcripts.