Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest Announces Acorn Concert Series Lineup
Grab a seat and enjoy several evenings of energetic music performances during Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest’s annual Acorn Concert series this summer.
The 2023 series includes nationally acclaimed tribute bands playing hits by Queen, Lady Gaga, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Toto, and Linda Ronstadt.
Radio Gaga will kick off the series at 7 p.m. on June 16 with “The Concert That Never Was,” a unique marriage between Lady Gaga and Queen. This Vegas-style production is sure to leave fans breathless!
Following the Radio Gaga show, Red Not Chili Peppers will perform on July 15. This group is known as the number one internationally touring Red Hot Chili Peppers tribute band and is the closest you can get to the real thing.
The Acorn Concert Series has become one of our most important fundraisers.
The full 2023 Acorn Concert Series schedule includes:
- June 16: Radio Gaga, recreating the music of Lady Gaga and Queen, start time 7 p.m. with opening act Lauren Dukes
- July 15: Red Not Chili Peppers, paying tribute to Red Hot Chili Peppers, start time 7 p.m. with opening act Positive Vibe Technicians
- Aug. 4: Echoes of Pompeii, the nationally touring Pink Floyd tribute band, start time 7 p.m.
- Aug. 25: The Ron Burgundys, delivering all of your favorite yacht rock and soft-core hits from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s, start time 7 p.m. with opening act Phantom Zone
- Sept. 22: The Linda Ronstadt Experience, featuring American Idol Star Tristan McIntosh, start time 7 p.m. with opening act Lomax Station
“The Acorn Concert Series has become one of our most important fundraisers,” said Stephanie Blackstock, executive director for Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest. “The proceeds from this series will support the restoration of northern Indiana’s natural landscape and enhance our hands-on education programs that teach local youth about the importance of conservation.”
Local food vendors will be on-site selling beer, wine, mixed drinks and food. No outside alcohol is allowed. Friendly dogs on leash are permitted and concerts are family-friendly. Don’t forget to bring a lawn chair.
All concert times are Central Daylight Time (CDT) and gates open one hour before showtime. Concerts will be held rain or shine. Ticket prices vary per show and can be purchased at pnw.edu/gabis-concerts. Member discounts are available.
Gabis Arboretum at Purdue Northwest is thankful for the generous support from sponsors including:
- com – Your source to explore career opportunities in the Northwest Indiana construction industry, sponsored by the Construction Advancement Foundation.
- Indiana Beverage
- Sam Allie Insurance Agency
- Eagle Auxiliary
- Cool Rayz Lighting
- Derek Braggs